Sunday, September 16, 2007

4-Patch Stacked Posies - Completed Flimsy

This is my 4-Patch Stacked Posies top completed to the flimsy stage. This is a small piece--44 inches square.


The photos were taken inside because it is raining so the colours are not exactly true to the original.

This top only used three fabrics:

1. A floral fabric - used for the 4-patches and border

2. Accent fabric - burgundy in my quilt - used for the narrow border around the 4-patches, corner stones, and narrow inner border

3. Sashing fabric - green in my quilt

Cutting details:

- My fabric had a 13 1/4" repeat and my squares used for the 4-patch blocks were cut 3 1/4" square.

- The narrow border that frames the 4-patches was cut 1" wide and finished at 1/2".

- The corner stones are cut 1 1/2" square and finish 1" square.

- The sashing is cut 1 1/2" wide and finishes at 1" wide.

- The border is cut 6 " wide and finishes at 5 1/2" wide.


17 comments:

  1. Wow - that is really great! Only three fabrics and such a variety of motif. Love it *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous quilt. You would never guess there was only three fabrics in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt. Only three fabrics is hard for me to do but I might give it a try if it can be done this beautifully. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. 44 inch square? what do you plan to do with it? sure came out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma, it looks fantastic! Lovely table topper when it is all quilted up because it looks pretty terrific right now. I like that burgundy contrast for both the narrow sashing and the cornerstones.

    Now if I can just find the proper color for my attempt to make one of these. I am thinking I might have to consult with the Moda Marble color card as see what comes close--maybe a celery colored with some yellow undertones?? I've got more blocks to do now that I found that extra yard at the quilt shop though aiming more for a throw of some size. I know your blocks finished bigger than mine to start with. What fun to play along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Is this different than a stack and whack quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! This reminds me that I need to work on mine! I did buy the fabric, but have since stalled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative use of fabric! It is so pretty. Who keeps thinking up all of these fabric tricks? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out really pretty--good choice of fabric. That pattern is on my list to do this fall. I've admired it ever since I first saw it. And what a nice way to reward yourself for being good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo, I really like the colors of this quilt. And the blocks turned out very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Love those tulips especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't these great! I've been meaning to get one made - I should probably do one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely Norma, I really love that main fabric, it's so pretty.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, Norma. You've been a busy girl. I admire the one customer who has those table runners ready to give as gifts. I used to be like that -- have all my Christmas shopping done by August but not anymore. I quit thinking ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning top and it looks so easy to do up, but I'm sure that you have to be a bit precise on the cutting and lining up of your strips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In the photo it's fooling to the eye, it appears to be large.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just bought this pattern and fabric and have been trying to figure out the directions - they are somewhat confusing. Your quilt is beautiful and now I can't wait to start mine!

    ReplyDelete