Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sewing and Crafts Show

Last Friday (April 3), I headed down the Valley from where I live to attend the Sewing and Crafts Show.

The show was smaller in size this year than previous years. However, despite the smaller size, I still managed to convince some fabric to follow me home. I also purchased a new book that has me excited about starting a new quilt or two--Bargello Quilts With a Twist by Maggie Ball.
I met several of my quilting "buddies" at the show and enjoyed a visit over a cup of coffee with DL and EH. While sitting in the coffee shop visiting, we spied a couple of ladies sporting the greatest jackets. I was able to convince the ladies to pose for me, showing their backsides and the artwork on their jackets. It turns out that the lady on the left in the grey hair made both jackets--one for herself and one for her good quilting friend (pictured on the right). The lady on the right told me she has the greatest friend--and I would have to agree!
Chickens and quilts just has to be the best combination. Thank you to the anonymous "Quilt Chicks"!

4 comments:

  1. and i saw the jackets at homesense on the weekend lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bargello book is fantastic. I keep hoping that none of the other local quilters know our library has it, so I can just keep re-upping my loan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to add that quilt book to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to resist the temptation to buy the book but know I can get a used copy on Amazon for not that much. That cover quilt really intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete