Sunday, April 6, 2008

Customer Quilts

Once again I find myself not posting for two weeks. I have been busy quilting--just not for myself.

I quilted this first quilt for a customer to give as a wedding gift to a special couple that are her neighbours. The flower blocks were embroidered with her new embroidery machine. She asked for hearts in each of the floral blocks with waves between the blocks. This is a picture of the back of the same quilt. This picture shows the heart and wave quilting a little clearer.
This is a quilt that I quilted for an international friend. This quilt was pieced by a perfectionist and was a delight to quilt. I enjoyed looking at all the fabrics as I recognize many of them--some were in my stash in the past and some are still in my stash now!
The next three quilts were pieced by the same person. This lady is busy "using up her scraps". How wonderful to give such colourful scraps new purpose.


This quilt showcases a wonderful collection of prints. The piecer of this quilt intends to gift this quilt to a very special friend.
This quilt was pieced by a new quilter--her first quilt! The woman who pieced this quilt is also an expert seamstress and her skills shine in this quilt--there are no mismatched seams in this one!
And so now that the backlog of customer quilts has been caught up, I can breathe and spend a bit of time working on my own projects......until the next wave of quilts arrives anyway!

5 comments:

  1. I just love those waves. Are they freehand? and if so, did you mark reference points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative people. Lovely quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you had a stack of them to work through but I didnt know it was this many!! Well done, Norma and hurray for having time to work on your own. Even if we are sewing on Saturday you may get some quilting time in come Sunday? Depending on what we get done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that house quilt with the baptist fans! I love baptist fans it goes with anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! My favorite is also the one with the houses and trees that you did in baptist fans.

    ReplyDelete