The pattern was drafted first with a feature fabric square of 12 1/2" (cut size). The alternate block was actually a rectangle that was made up of one 8 1/2" square and two 4 1/2" squares.
Last night LindaJ came up with an amended version--8 1/2" square, one rectangle 5 1/2" x 6" and two squares cut 3" square.
I decided to make my version of the pattern, "half size". (That is half the size of the original pattern.) I had a bin of pre-cut 6 1/2" squares already cut and another bin of 2 1/2" squares. I had a few leftover partial 4 1/2" strips that I cut into 4 1/2" squares and I cut a few of my 5 1/2" squares down to 4 1/2" squares.
This was 6 of the first blocks arranged on the floor to see how this patten might look scrappy.
All the squares are now finished but not yet sewn together.
My quilt center finished at 30 1/2" x 42 1/2". Because I think my quilt is a little wild, I am going to add a border or two to rein in the colour a bit and tame things down. I have not yet added the border as I was debating on the colour. However, this bright green has won the most votes from the FABs so far.