Monday, January 2, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

The main purpose of this blog is to keep my quilting friends in touch with my current projects and to provide a venue to receive their valuable feedback. However, I will also insert the occasional non-quilt related items to keep my family and non-quilting friends interested as well.

The beginning of a new year brings with it a renewed commitment to previous resolutions and starting over with a clean slate. I have been reflecting the last few days on last year's resolution to finish UFOs--as many as possible. I feel I have kept that resolution--however, there are still UFOs in the pile! I listed out my UFOs last year and stopped writing at 46. The list is now down to 35 so some of those projects are now complete.

This year's resolution is to continue on with last year's resolution of finishing as many UFOs as possible. However, I have added to my resolution list for this year to reduce my stash--I will only start a new project if I can utilize my existing stash. The exception will be to purchase backing fabric.

I purchased an APQS long arm quilting machine in May this year and "Lucky" is definitely facilitating the completion of my UFOs at a much faster rate!

1 comment:

  1. Well this non-quilting friend has enjoyed your "blog" anyway. I love the pictures, great job. Its a shame you didn't get a pix of the beautiful quilt you finished for my sister which was such a lovely birthday surprise. It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete