Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pitt Meadows Quilt Show - Part I - The Joy of Quilting

Today I attended the Ridge Meadows Quilters' Show in Pitt Meadows, BC. This guild hosts a small show every other year. It is nice to visit other gilds and see what they are doing differently than my own guild.

This year, I saw quilts with hand Applique borders that were appliqued after the long arm quilter had completed the edge to edge pantograph. This is a perfect technique for those who like to applique and don't want to pay for custom quilting. Excellent idea!

The pictures below are of two quilts that this technique was used on.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Norma! I could have used those pictures when I was trying to figure out what to do with miles of bias vine/stem stuff I had made, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea on how to handle applique borders without having them quilted over. Thanks for sharing! How fun for you to get to go to a quilt show.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete