Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pitt Meadows Quilt Show - Part III - Inspiration

I love to attend quilt shows because they attract the nicest people. Quilters are such warm friendly people to be around. Quilt shows are also such great places to built up my inspiration. I hope you enjoy the following quilts as much as I did.

First, this one's for you, Colette . Sorry you had to miss this show--especially when it was held in your old neighborhood. I thought of you when I saw the "Golden Arches" landmark on the Lougheed and again inside when I saw this quilt.

This quilt would be great for using up leftover strips. The story that went with this quilt indicated that the scraps were cut 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" and then traded with three other ladies. All the scraps were then stuck in a bag and pulled out randomly and sewn together.


This quilt was a chevron which is great for using up scrap strips as well. The thing that really interested me about this one was the choice of quilting design used to finish it off. The quilting gives an optical illusion quality or secondary design to this quilt.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photo- I see that she has elected to put her green fabric so that it results in a star. Way too late to consider that- which is fine since I like the effect that I am going for. I have nine new flowers (thanks to you and in part Miss K) that are waiting to be basted and then sewn together. Hoping to blog about it soon (not in the next few days though).

    ReplyDelete