Saturday, June 3, 2006

Quilt Shop Hop 2006

This weekend is the Westcoast Quilt Shop Hop. Five of us who quilt together regularly on Tuesday nights got together, rented a van, borrowed one of the husbands to act as driver, and headed out on our journey yesterday morning.

The hop lasts from Friday, June 2 to Sunday, June 3. Thanks to the organization of Dot, we managed to complete 12 of the possible 14 shops yesterday. It was a long day, but very fun! Each shop had their own block kit with a garden theme available for $5.00. This price included the pattern. At each shop, we picked up our $5.00 block, had our "passport" stamped and did a little bit of shopping.

This is the 5 of us, outside the first shop at 9:30 yesterday morning. We arrived at the first shop before they opened. We are eager quilt shop hoppers!

This was my favorite block. It is a paper pieced humming bird. The shop that had this kit was Wineberry's (Dewberry's to my friend, Colette).

These are the treasures that I picked up at some of the shops other than the $5.00 blocks. I bought some floral fat quarters for my floral Yellow Brick Road quilt, some 1/2 yard pieces for my chicken quilt, a floral panel that I will use to jump-start another floral quilt, a bag pattern, and a kit to make a poppy table runner.

I am now off to finish the last two shops on my list. They are local and so I won't have to travel far.

6 comments:

  1. sounds like tons of fun! that hummingbird is gorgeous, too.

    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you ladies had a ball! That hummingbird is gorgeous and the things that followed you home were chosen with thought. It would be easy to just go "hog wild" looking at all the goodies in the shop.

    Hope you give your feet and legs a break tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a fun day! Good shopping!!!
    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very fun trip. I can't believe one of the husbands went along to drive!

    The hummingbird block is so cute! I saw our first hummer of the season n 6/1 and there were several at the feeders today.

    Glad you had a good shop hop!

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the hummingbird the best too - that's the kind of thing I'd frame, not put on a pillow or something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely purchases :-) I see you have a very nice purse pattern there - will you make it soon ?

    ReplyDelete